Suicidal thoughts have many causes. Most often, suicidal thoughts are the result of feeling like one can’t cope when faced with what seems to be an overwhelming life situation. If one doesn’t have hope for the future, such person may mistakenly think suicide is a solution.
Although attempted suicide is more frequent for women, men are more likely than women to complete suicide because they typically use more-lethal methods.
Warning signs aren’t always obvious, and they may vary from person to person. Some people make their intentions clear, while others keep suicidal thoughts and feelings secret.
If you spot the warning signs of suicide in someone you care about, you may wonder if it’s a good idea to say anything. What if you’re wrong? What if the person gets angry? In such situations, it’s natural to feel uncomfortable or afraid. But anyone who talks about suicide or shows other warning signs needs immediate help. Presented below are some signs to know a fellow is on suicidal thoughts and needs your help.
1. Stop ignoring that ex best friend who suddenly went broke after loss of job or business.
2. That single mother playing independent is not as fine as she may seem. Her child sleeps hungry. Her bills are killing her. She is in debts. No, she won’t tell you lest you ask her for sex in return. She is not fine.
3. That jobless drunk brother of yours who the whole family branded ‘useless’ could be a drunk for convenience.
4. That beautiful woman who you think has it all…good job, nice body, a face everyone loves..No, her inbox is not crowded. And she is not fine.
5. Your girlfriend who has suddenly become lazy, withdrawn and irritable. Don’t cheat on her. She is not being a jerk. She is depressed.
6. That Jovial, high-spirited colleague of yours is not fine. He says he is fine, but he is not.
7. That cheating husband. No cheating is not an excuse. But you are killing him slowly. He is crying for help. He is looking for love and peace. Don’t beat down a man already on his knees.Don’t be another battle he has to fight.
8. Yes, post natal depression is real. You think a mother endured 9 months, labor pains and it all just to stab her offspring? Your wife is not suddenly nagging. She is depressed. Don’t be a jerk.
9. Suicide is not a selfish act. Reminding A depressed soul that suicide will only transfer their pain to others is selfish, insensitive and for lack of a better word, EXTREMELY Selfish. When one resolves to suicide, trust me, they are no longer thinking about the pain. They want peace. They are tired of your judgmental stares. They are tired of you ignoring them. They are tired of being a bother to you. There is no pain in death.
10. And no, a bottle of whiskey is not reaching out. And paying bills after one has already committed suicide is rather hypocritical. Those goodwillmessages after one is gone are pure Hypocrisy.