The Oyo State Government said on Thursday that no life was lost in the clash between two schools’ pupils last week.
Our correspondent had reported that the pupils of the Ibadan Municipal Grammar School and Oke- Bola Comprehensive High School. Ibadan clashed.
But in a statement by the state Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, which was endorsed by the Commissioner, Olasunkanmi Olaleye, on Thursday said the clash was between hoodlums and pupils of the IMG School.
The statement quoted the Permanent Secretary, Oyo State Teaching Service Commission, Mrs Olabisi Oderinde, who visited the scene, as saying no pupil died during the clash.
“According to Oderinde, one Usman Olalere, a Senior Secondary School 3 pupil of the IMG school had convulsion during the clash but he had since recovered after undergoing treatment at hospital,” the statement said.
Oderinde stated that the perpetrators of the violence would be brought to book, adding that the state government would build a perimeter fence round IMG school as the porous nature of the school gave the hoodlums easy access to its compound.
Earlier, Mrs Adenike Ajiboye and Mrs Ramat Adepoju, principals of IMG School and Oke-Bola Comprehensive School, respectively, said such invasion was rampant in the area, urging the government to put an end to it.
Meanwhile, the Oyo State Police Command said on Thursday that it arrested three more pupils, bringing the number of suspected pupils in police custody to 13.
The state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Shina Olukolu said the case had been transferred to the state Criminal Investigation Department, Iyaganku.