Following the numerous press inquiries on the information contained in the series of tweets by Mr Ahmed Salkida, the presidency yesterday insisted that the information is not known to the officials of the Buhari administration either from the captors of the Chibok girls or the international intercessors who are working with them.
The senior special assistant on media and publicity to the president, Mallam Garba Shehu, said that Mr Salkida is not involved, on behalf of the Nigerian government in the processes leading to the release of the over 100 Chibok Girls that have returned to their families so far and is not involved in the current processes to secure the release of those still held in captivity. According to him, If there is any info
rmation he has concerning the remainder of those girls, he has, up till this moment not approached the government Nigeria with it. All press enquirers on the subject should therefore be directed to Mr. Salkida.
He said, “The facts as known to our officials and the international contacts assisting this process are that the remaining Chibok Girls are there and we are not relenting on getting their release. “As stated by President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday, the government is not relenting. We will continue to persist, and the parents should please not give up.
They also advised not to lose faith in this government’s ability to fulfil its promise, that the girls will not be abandoned or forgotten. Salkida had claimed yesterday that only 15 out of the 112 missing Chibok girls are still alive. He said he had negotiated for the release of the girls on the behalf of the government noting that several opportunities to have them released were missed.