A Town Hall meeting of Security/Police stakeholders convened by the *Area A Police Commander,* ACP J.O Akinyede (Sholebo) Lion Building with the New *Lagos State Commissioner of Police* Edgal Imohinmi, held at Club Arcade, Tafawa Balewa Square, Lagos Island.
Here are some of the crucial resolutions taken at the Town Hall meeting in Area A Police Command.
1. All area commanders will liaise with various community leaders to form a non-arms bearing vigilante groups and 3 armed Policemen will be attached to each vigilante group for night duty patrol.
2. All uncompleted and abandoned buildings will be routinely raided pending when the state government will take action on such buildings. Likewise no one is allowed to sleep in the market henceforth. Special mention goes to *Sura Market.*
3. *The Police now have shoot-at-sight order on any body found brandishing arms with intent to kill or maim.*
4. All DPO’s and Area Commanders should make themselves available for citizens complaints.
5. All Police Patrol vans are now mobile police stations and citizens can lodge their immediate and urgent complaints to them, so as to save time and arrest such situations that needs urgent police presence.
6. A Citizens Complaint Centre has been created to receive genuine complaints about the police and the New Commissioner of Police released 10 mobile numbers of the complaints centre so that citizens can report any erring Officers or Stations.
Lagos State Commissioner of Police
According to the lovable top cop, citizens should sways remember that the police are their friend, thereby urging them to help make policing more friendly, promptly report to police whenever they detect criminality, and stay away from crime.
“The Nigerian Police Force is poised to serve and protect with integrity”, he concludes.